Now is the perfect time to start thinking about what sociable or sociables you want to host! This a fun and great way to help raise funds for our school!
What is a Sociable?
A sociable is a party or event that you throw – by yourself or with a group, for adults or kids or both – just pick a theme any theme! You pay the costs and we sell the tickets at our Fall Fundraising Festival. The funds raised through ticket sales go to the PTO to help pay for things like the new gym floor that our school needs, water bottle fillers, Quizlet, other teacher supplies and subscriptions, and more.
Sociables are also one of the BEST ways to get to know other MIMS families – they’re so much fun! Here are some examples of sociables from years past:
- Halloween Story Time – we had Mr. Ying come read a Halloween book in Chinese; we read one in English; we did Halloween crafts; we ate pumpkin food. We co-hosted this event with a teacher and held it right after school.
- Songs & Soju – an awesome team of moms held a moms & teachers event where we ate and drank and sang karaoke
- Dragons Love Tacos – we read the book, at dragon-themed food, made crafts, played dragons
- Gymnastics – hosted at a gymnastics gym where the kids played and had snacks
- Cookie decorating – lots of versions of this for kids, for adults, Christmas-themed
- Crawfish boil
- MIMS Mini- Mudder
- Super Groovy 70’s Disco Party ( Adult Only)
- Mother Daughter Tea
- Mediterranean Dinner
- Mixing It Up with Mini Chefs at Dream Dinners
- Bollywood Social
- 4th Grade Boys Video Game Party
- Mixology for MOMS
- Pre-K Holiday Books & Jammies
- Gingerbread House Decorating
- Just Dance Disco Party
- End Of The Year Pool Party
- and so many more!
Submit your sociables no later than September 17 – tickets will go on sale at the Fall Fundraising Festival and be on sale until all tickets are sold. The earlier you send in your item, the more time you have to advertise or promote your event and/or item!! If you have any questions, email [email protected].